|Hudson Fire Department
K-9 Search and Rescue - Membership
|Interested in Joining Hudson Fire Department K-9 Search & Rescue?|
|Hudson Fire Department K-9 SAR is always interested in new members. You do not
have to have a dog to be a member of our team. Most K-9 handlers start out on a
search team as a regular field team member. After about one or two years they
will start to work with a K-9 of their own.
Members who do not meet the requirements below and is only used in a support
roll and will only respond to SAR incidents and Team events on an as needed bases.
Failure to maintain any one of the below criteria for a SAR Team member will result in removal from mission ready status
and placed in Support Team status.
|Ground Team Member 3
In order to meet the criteria for Basic Ground Team Member, the member must:
1. Be a member in good standing with Hudson Fire Department K-9 Search & Rescue
and must attend two quarterly training sessions in the same year.
2. Successfully complete ICS on-line classes IS 100, 200, 700 and 800
3. Have and maintain a complete SAR Ready pack as prescribed by the Hudson
Fire Department K-9 Search & Rescue
4. Have completed the on-line course for CERT orientation IS 317
|Ground Team Member 2
In order to meet the criteria for Intermediate Ground Team Member, the member must:
1. Maintain a regular attendance with the Hudson Fire Department K-9 Search & Rescue. 50% of Training/Meetings
2. Meet all criteria for Level 3 - Basic Member
3. Have been a member of Hudson Fire Department K-9 Search & Rescue for 2 years
and attended 2 quarterly training sessions for each year
4. Have attended a SAR Awareness or Operations Course or equivelant course
5. Have NIMS 300 and 400
6. Have Texas SFFMA Wilderness SAR Tech 1 cert
|Ground Team Member 1
1. Maintain a regular attendance with the Hudson Fire Department K-9 Search & Rescue. 50% or better
2. Must meet all criteria for Level 2 - Intermediate Member
3. Must have been a member of Hudson Fire Department K-9 Search 7 Rescue for
THREE years and attended TWO quarterly training sessions for each year.
4. Must take and pass the SAR Tech III on-line course or have taken and passed
the SAR Operations Course or Technician Course.
5. Must have taken NIMS 300 and 400
6. Must have SFFMA SAR Tech 1 & 2 Cert
|Ground Team Leader
1. Must meet and maintain all requirements for Ground Team Member -1
2. Must have been a member of Hudson Fire Department K-9 Search & Rescue
for 2 years and attended 2 quarterly meetings per year
3. Must be voted by SAR Team to this position
4. Must be able to pass a 24 hour pack check annually
5. Must have current First Aid and CPR card or higher level training
6. Must have SFFMA SAR Tech 1 & 2
7. Must have MLPI or equivelant
You must attend at least 2 meeting/trainings prior to getting an application.
After the two meeting/trainings the candidate must fill out an application and pass
criminal history and background check.
After passing the criminal history and background check the candidate is placed
in probationary status for 90 days. The candidate must attend meetings and
trainings within the 90 days. At the end of that 90 day period the membership
votes on the prospective member.
Upon acceptance by the team the new member pays the 60.00 dues in full and is
issued a SAR ID and 1 shirt and is placed in a support roll until:
ICS 100, 200, 700 & 800 are complete
CERT IS 317 is completed
All basic SAR gear is obtained and checked
& you attend at least one quarterly training